Quilts for Kids Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Who's Invited to the workshops:
Sewers of all skill levels who know how to handle their sewing machines.
What we do at the workshops:
- Cut, sew and press donated fabrics and kits to make comfort quilts.
- Share testimonies about how these quilts are affecting Utah children and their families.
- Sign-out kits to be made at home
- Collect donated quilts made from personal fabric stashes or from kits
- Sometimes we even play simple games or have prize drawings
Who Should Register:
- For those who only wish to drop off kits, quilts and donations, registration is not required.
- For those who wish to sew during the workshop, registration saves your seat, provides us with emergency cancellation contact information, and speeds up the check-in process.
- Walk-ins are welcome provided space is available.
What to Bring:
- Your sewing machine and sewing basket
- Cotton or polyester thread in neutral colors that blend with light or dark fabrics (No monofilament or clear threads)
- Crib sized low-loft (1/4" or less) cotton or cotton blend batting. Scraps of the same loft pieced to 45" x 60" are ok.
We look forward to making your acquaintance, so say "Hi" and let us know if it is your first time with us.